Below are the most frequently asked questions. We encourage you to read them.
- Is SqlDBD independent of the database system used?
- Yes. The program can be used anywhere in the world through a browser. It does not matter if any database system is installed on the device.
- What are the possibilities for importing and exporting the database model?
- The program enables import and export of SQL scripts in formats compatible with MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and SQL Server. In addition, database models can be exported to PDF/PNG files.
- Can two database models be compared?
- Yes. The program allows you to compare two selected versions of the model. An update script can be generated based on the difference.
- Can the project be divided into important substantive parts?
- Yes. Each base model in SqlDBD can be divided into so-called subject areas and diagrams. Searching for tables and fields can be limited to these parts.
- How do you enter relations between diagram tables?
- To create a relation, click the
Relation button in the top toolbar and drag the cursor from the parent table to the child table. After determining the direction of the relationship, it is enough to match the fields of both tables and commit the changes.
- Can I design a database with colleagues?
- Of course. The program allows work on the project by many users. Changes made by one are visible to others.
- Can I work on any computer in SqlDBD?
- Yes, because the program is supported by the browser. The database design can be created on a computer with Windows, MacOS X and Linux.